Inventory Unit Detail
2019 KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE
2019 1290 SUPER DUKE R BORDER (1)
At Chico Motorsports, we know our products are the best in the business, and we stand behind that, so you can buy with confidence. We offer new and pre-owned ATVs, motorcycles and side by sides from Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha and KTM. Tue - Sat 9 AM - 6 PM, closed Sunday and Monday. We look forward to assisting you with all your Powersports needs now and in the future.
*Price does not include registration fees, taxes, dealer vehicle freight and set up, document preparation charge or any finance charges (if applicable). Sale price uses all dealer/manufacturers rebates/incentives. Sale prices are subject to change if customer chooses special finance promotion. All vehicles are subject to prior sale. We reserve the right to make changes without notice, and are not responsible for errors or omissions. Please verify any information in question with Chico Motorsports 530 345 5247.
The Beast: THE BEAST is not about mincing words or pulling punches. Blunt, brutal and extreme - there is nothing tame about this hyper-naked bike. With an updated design, mega powerful 1301 cc V-twin engine and exceptional all-round handling, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R commands respect.
- Launching THE BEAST forward at warp speed is a lightweight V-twin engine that is the most potent powerplant in its class. Weighing in at just 62 kg, it blasts out 132 kW (177 hp) and delivers its maximum 141 Nm of torque between 6750 rpm and 7000 rpm. No doubt then that it packs a fearsome punch for full-paced race attacks. Whether for street or racetrack use, it lays down bucket loads of pure, unadulterated performance.
- Heart Of The Beast: Giving THE BEAST life is a 1301 cc V-Twin which pumps out an arm-wrenching 177 hp while its torque figures reach for the sky between 6,750 rpm (140 Nm) and 7,000 rpm (141 Nm). All in all, weighing in at around 62 kg, the extremely slim 4-valve unit makes it one of the lightest - and most powerful - big twins in the world.
- State-of-the-art, machined titanium inlet valves with chromium nitride PVD coating - how impressive does that sound? These feature a flat design, and weigh 19 grams less than steel inlet valves. When combined with the smaller combustion chamber on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R, offer a compression ratio of 13.6:1, and ultimately, more power.
- Keeping the rear-end in check under harsh downshifts or aggressive decelerating by reducing rear wheel chatter, the slipper clutch also assists when you open up the throttle by assisting the Quickshifter+ to perform super smooth up-shifts.
- Thanks to the resonator chambers on the cylinder heads, which have been engineered to increase the torque output in the lower to mid-range rpms, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R power train runs smoother, consumes less fuel and cuts down on CO² emissions by around 10%.
- Sound Of Thunder: The KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R's exhaust system is made entirely from rustproof stainless steel and is Euro 4 homologated. Hundreds of test bench runs and complex simulation, ensured that the exhaust system contributes to the extremely smooth torque curve and excellent emission values on the V-twin. And did we mention the sound? While it whispers at low revs, it will take your breath away reaching for the high notes.
- Ultimate power requires total control. With its ultra-lightweight yet extremely stable trellis frame, a beautifully manufactured single-sided swing arm, high-end BREMBO brakes and state-of-the-art WP suspension components, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R is the poster-boy for hooliganism. Paired with 17-inch tubeless wheels front and rear, and wrapped in METZELER M7RR tyres, THE BEAST tears into tarmac for maximum grip.
- Beneath The Skin: With its ultra-lightweight yet extremely stable trellis frame, a beautifully manufactured single-sided swingarm, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R exceeds all requirements for stability and control.
- The jaw-droppingly beautiful, light alloy, single-sided swingarm on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R is not only extremely lightweight, but also precision engineered and generously dimensioned - a potent partner when the SUPER DUKE R unleashes its torque and riding dynamics. The design of the swing arm is adapted optimally to the tubular trellis frame in terms of flex and stiffness.
- With an adjustable, extremely torsion-resistant upside-down telescopic fork from WP Suspension up front, not only can you adjust rebound and compression damping separately, but also completely independently from each other thanks to the 'split principle' (the left fork tube controls compression and the right one rebound damping). This allows riders to find their dream set-up with speed and precision.
- Directly articulated and extremely high-quality, the WP pressurized-gas central shock absorber fitted to the SUPER DUKE R has an external remote reservoir which allows riders a wide range of setup options. Compression and rebound damping can also be regulated independently - with separate settings for high-speed and low-speed compression damping. In addition, the spring preload can be adjusted by hand.
- A WP steering damper does its part to help keep THE BEAST restrained over uneven stretches of tarmac by absorbing any unwanted kickback through the front wheel.
- Rubber-Side Down: A brace of METZELER M7RR tires on extremely lightweight, light-alloy wheels, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R boasts some serious equipment as standard. Derived from METZELER's experience in Road Racing activities, including the “Isle of Man TT", they feature structure materials, compounds and a tread pattern for better wear, perfect steering and fantastic ride stability.
- Speed Clamps: Bringing this rampaging BEAST to a stop are two radially mounted BREMBO M50 Monobloc four-piston calipers and 320 mm discs. This is paired to an adjustable brake lever and powerful brake pump for easy single-finger modulation. Keeping things in check on the rear wheel is a 240 mm diameter disc and a two-piston BREMBO caliper.
- The powerful yet sophisticated engine in the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R enables hyper-sport propulsion or, when required, relaxed and comfortable riding - and everything in between. Pair that with fantastic suspension, geometry and rider aids, and the SUPER DUKE allows for unimaginable riding pleasure in all conditions at whatever speed you want, from very relaxed to very, very fast.
- Taming The Beast: Taking the reins on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R is via an upright, wide handlebar with allows riders 22 mm adjustment range with four positions. A set of adjustable hand levers complete the picture
- In order to access the multitude of assistance systems on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R, there is an illuminated menu switch on the left side of the handlebar. It features a very simple and intuitive "up" and "down" menu selection. The Cruise Control switch can also be found on the left-hand cluster.
- Perfect Position: The traditional brake and gear shift lever you'd expect on a motorcycle, but with three-way adjustability for the gear shift & brake lever.
- Fresh decals, a sharp rear end, aggressive tank spoilers and air intakes, portrays the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R's brutal attitude. The reduction of plastic parts shouts 'NAKED' and creates a BEAST that is always READY TO RACE.
- Control Station: Just like fighter pilots need information available to them at a moment's notice, so do KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R riders. The TFT display fitted to the SUPER DUKE R gives riders all the information they want at a moment's glance. This means less time looking down, and more time looking ahead.
- There is no chance of mistaking the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R for anything else in the parking lot. An aggressive headlight mask houses powerful LEDs, while 6 additional LEDs make up a halo of daytime running lights. This means extra safety and additional visibility on the road.
- Slim, short and aggressive, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R flaunts a sharp tail end which compliments the overall silhouette. Regardless if fitted with the removable pillion seat, or single seat cowl, THE BEAST is always ready to shred.
- We couldn't call it THE BEAST if it didn't look the part. Aggressive side fairings emphasize its predatory nature, while snarling air intakes feed the power-hungry motor hidden beneath. The ‘R' on its flanks really does stand for its roar.
- Unrivaled braking from world market leader BREMBO, and assistance system MTC (Motorcycle Traction Control) and lean-angle sensitive ABS developed in close collaboration with BOSCH, round off the package and help the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R lead from start to finish. They allow you to either unleash the full potential of THE BEAST or to reign in its fury to easily and instantly adapt to changing riding conditions and personal needs, with the simple flick of a switch.
- Taming THE BEAST is a state-of-the-art 9.1 MP modulator, which unites the talents of efficient braking and pressure modulation with the high quality of BREMBO. This means bringing a rampaging KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R to a controlled stop is as easy as putting one finger on the level.
- Who doesn't like the odd drift? The KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R is no different. By selecting Supermoto Mode, riders can disable ABS on the rear wheel and leave their mark everywhere!
- The rider has a choice of three ride modes on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R, which can be selected quickly with the menu switch on the handlebar. In conjunction with ride by wire, the selected ride mode influences the general responsiveness of the engine, its maximum peak power and MTC intervention. "Street" and "Sport" modes deliver a full 177 hp and appropriately potent power development with a sporty traction setting. By contrast, "Rain" mode limits the maximum output to 130 hp with smoother performance and early traction control intervention.
- Not enough for you? Well adding even more performance to this BEAST is only reserved for the brave! All KTM PowerParts are developed for their respective machines, meaning that KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R riders only get parts that perfectly complement their ride and provide the same 'factory fit' straight from the dealer - allowing you to refine your BEAST's functionality, look and feel to better fit your personal needs.
- Design: 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- Displacement: 1301 cm³
- Bore: 108 mm
- Stroke: 71 mm
- Power in KW: 130 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 3 oil pumps
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: PASC™ slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS with RBW and cruise control, double ignition
- Frame design: Chrome-moly tubular space frame, powder-coated
- Front suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP monoshock
- Front brake disc diameter: 320 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 240 mm
- ABS: Two-channel Bosch 9.1 MP ABS (incl. Cornering ABS and Supermoto mode Disengegable)
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 5/16"
- Steering head angle: 65.1 °
- Engine Type
- 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- 1301 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 108 mm x 71 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS with RBW and cruise control, double ignition
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 5/16 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock