Inventory Unit Detail
2019 KTM 150 XC-W
2019 150 XC-W
At Chico Motorsports, we know our products are the best in the business, and we stand behind that, so you can buy with confidence. We offer new and pre-owned ATVs, motorcycles and side by sides from Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha and KTM. Tue - Sat 9 AM - 6 PM, closed Sunday and Monday. We look forward to assisting you with all your Powersports needs now and in the future.
*Price does not include registration fees, taxes, dealer vehicle freight and set up, document preparation charge or any finance charges (if applicable). Sale price uses all dealer/manufacturers rebates/incentives. Sale prices are subject to change if customer chooses special finance promotion. All vehicles are subject to prior sale. We reserve the right to make changes without notice, and are not responsible for errors or omissions. Please verify any information in question with Chico Motorsports 530 345 5247.
Minimal Fuss, Maximum Fun: ‘XC' means cross-country. ‘W' represents its wide-ratio transmission. ‘KTM' stands for winning. This model is a race-ready bike built for closed course enduro racing. With the agility of a 125 and enough muscle to take the fight to the 250 cc 4-Strokes, this bike punches well above its weight. That's why when the going gets tough, the tough get an XC-W.
- The KTM 150 XC-W engine is the most powerful and most competitive engine in its class, providing precisely the kind of power an Enduro rider wants. This 150cc ripper has been developed with the latest KTM engineering know-how and the most advanced technology available. The results: whopping power and mountain conquering torque across the entire rev range, while being extremely compact and light.
- Cylinder: This compact cylinder with a 58 mm bore features a cutting-edge power valve unit with a sophisticated mechanism for the lateral support exhaust ports. Matched to a twin-component cylinder head, it is KTM's secret to all-round grunt. The layout of the cylinder and head water jackets guarantee efficient heat dissipation when you're riding at your limit.
- Crankshaft: A reliable piece of engineering that has been skillfully balanced to guarantee minimal vibrations. It allows a decrease of the displacement to 125cc just by replacing cylinder, piston and head. There's no more need to change the crankshaft. Two-in-one in no time.
- Crankcases and engine covers: Lightweight, die-cast crankcases featuring a high crankshaft and clutch shaft position, located close to the center of gravity, which results in optimal mass centralization and outstanding rideability. In addition, the engine body is extremely lightweight and compact, while still able to house an E-starter. And because looks matter, the engine covers feature an advanced surface structure in order to reduce the wear caused by the rider´s boots.
- Transmission: A wide-ratio 6-speed enduro transmission was designed specifically for the small 2-stroke enduro engine, its gear ratios perfectly in sync with the 150 XC-W's power band. The latest production technologies allow for compact dimensions and minimal weight. An advanced ´No Dirt´ gear lever design prevents mud or dirt build-up in the joint. Because even dirt lovers hate mud when it's in the wrong places.
- Piston: The 150 XC-W's piston is optimized for maximal reliability and the shape fits brilliantly to the cylinder layout.
- Clutch: The clutch is activated by a hydraulic system made by Brembo. This reliable and self-adjusting unit guarantees light operation and highly controllable modulation.
- E-Starter: The design of the 150cc engine offers a home to the best perk in the dirt bike world: an E-starter powered by a reliable lithium ion battery. This magic button´s benefits are clear, especially for those of you looking to compete on an extreme level.
- Carburetor: The KTM 150 XC-W is fitted with a MIKUNI TMX carburetor. This 38mm flat slide carb lives to provide smooth and controllable power all the way up to the rev limitation.
- Ignition: All 2-stroke models feature a CDI control unit with an advanced hardware which improves the starting behavior of the engine. The ignition curves remain unchanged.
- Cooling: KTM's proven cooling system routes the coolant from the cylinder head through the frame triangle, directly to aluminum radiators made by WP. Thanks to flow optimized internal circulation and CFD-calculated ventilation, the system is superbly efficient. In addition,the radiator protectors improve heat dissipation. Especially in the mud. They are also integrated into the front part of the shrouds to protect the radiators in a crash.
- Exhaust: The engineers meticulously tuned the pipe for maximum power, so this little screamer is as tough as it is strong.
- KTM engineers just love shedding weight. The result: the current KTM XC-W's are the slimmest, lightest bikes in the Enduro scene.
- Frame: The high-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame has a knack for easy handling, outlandish rideability, precise cornering and excellent stability. You can also count on high torsional rigidity and low longitudinal stiffness. This results in better absorption of the energy created from the front and rear suspension sucking up jumps and bumps. In short: more comfort and less rider fatigue. Laterally attached, lightweight engine head stays (the connection between cylinder head and frame) contribute to a reduced vibration level. Two threaded inserts in the lower cradle tubes allow for safe fixation of an optional skid plate. The engineers were able to pull off all that, while making the frame two pounds lighter than that of the lightest competitor on the market. In addition, the frame is easier to maintain, easier to work on and supplies more space for the tank and other components. The bike also features an extra-light aluminum subframe, which weighs in at less than 2 pounds.
- Swingarm: This design allows for an optimized mounting position of the PDS shock absorber, providing more progressive action. Furthermore, the cast aluminum design guarantees low weight and a perfect flex behavior. The single-component casting process also eliminates any inconsistencies and inherent weak points created by welding. And it's better looking.
- Wheels: The XC-W wheels feature lightweight, CNC machined hubs and high-end Giant rims guaranteeing maximum stability at minimum weight. The wheels are fitted with the latest Dunlop tires. Take them wherever you like, traction will be waiting.
- Front suspension: The WP XPlor 48 upside-down fork is a split fork developed by WP in close collaboration with KTM. It is fitted with a spring on both sides but features separated functions for each fork leg: compression damping is fitted on the left side, while rebound is on the right. The forks can easily be adjusted for compression and rebound with the twist of a dial on the top of the forks. In addition, a sealed hydro-stop guarantees excellent resistance to bottoming-out. Due to high-quality materials and a state-of-the-art production process, the WP XPlor 48 fork - with approx. 300mm of travel - has outstanding response and damping characteristics. A comfortable preload adjuster can be retrofitted and allows for a simple spring preload setting in three steps without tools (standard, +3mm, +6mm).
- Rear suspension: The WP Xplor PDS is a newly developed shock absorber. The PDS is a KTM trademark design where the shock absorber is directly connected to the upper side of the swingarm. This setup boasts the best possible mounting geometry and provides amazingly progressive damping. The shock absorber is mounted close to the centerline, which means nearly symmetrical loads for the swingarm and frame and more space for the exhaust system. A second piston works together with a closed cup (instead of a needle) towards the end of the stroke and is supported by a progressive shock spring for exceptional bottoming resistance. Various machined and anodized components and a distinctive WP color trim make this a valuable, high-end product compared to the less refined shock absorbers of the competition.
- Triple clamp: The XC-Ws are fitted with forged triple clamps with an offset of 22mm, ensuring a solid grip of the fork and precise handling. The handlebar is adjustable forwards and backwards over 4 positions, so the XC-W will fit you like your favorite gloves.
- Fuel tank: A lightweight polyethylene tank with a capacity of 10 liters. You will always be able to see how much fuel there's left at a glance, thanks to the see-through plastic. By pushing the orange release button in the center of the fuel tank cap, the bayonet mechanism makes refueling quick and easy.
- Brakes: You can't brake any harder, better, faster or stronger. High-tech Brembo calipers are combined with lightweight Wave brake discs. The steel-flex front brake hose has efficient protection and there's an integrated channel for the speedometer cable. First you outrun them, then you outbrake them.
- Airbox: The air filter box design offers maximum protection of the air filter against soiling, while ensuring maximum airflow in a quiet way. The large Twin Air filter is mounted in a stiff cage, which at the same time holds the system in place. This design is so simple, you could still pop a fresh one in with a face full of mud. Without tools. In seconds.
- READY TO RACE ergonomics give you the edge on all terrain, ride harder for longer.
- Handlebar: KTM engineers know how to handle handlebars. This tapered unit, made of high-strength aluminum by NEKEN, features a throttle assembly with a robust aluminum body and easy free-play adjustment. An ODI volcanized grip sits on the right, while on the left side of the bar a comfortable ODI lock-on grip requires no glue or wire to secure it.
- Footpegs: Sophisticated “No Dirt" footpegs prevent smudging up the pegs, even when digging in deep ruts. The pegs on the EXC models are 6mm higher than the ones used on SX models, which benefits ground clearance. But you can swap them at will.
- KTM R&D, KISKA Design and the factory racers had their say in shaping the plastics with one goal: complete harmony between rider and bike. Perfect ergonomics and contact points provide maximum comfort in movement on the XC-W. The I-beam structures of the front and rear fenders guarantee maximum stability and a low weight thanks to well thought-out construction and mounting. They also stay cleaner for longer. Clever brake hose routing on the front number plate prevents wear and tear.
- Decals: New graphics convey the READY TO RACE character of the 2019 KTM XC-W model line.
- The latest technology, reduced to the minimum: READY TO RACE
- Battery & wiring harness: These engines are fitted with KTM's proven E-starter - a unique KTM feature and a major benefit at all levels of offroad racing. A super compact lithium ion battery breathes life into the engine, while offering three times the starting energy of a conventional battery. The battery and wiring harness are centralized in a compartment above the air filter box, allowing the mechanic to remove the subframe without getting in conflict with the electrics. A happy mechanic, is a good mechanic.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 143.99 cm³
- Bore: 58 mm
- Stroke: 54.5 mm
- Starter: Kick and electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Multi-plate clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Kokusan
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Rear suspension: WP Xplor PDS shock absorber
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.5 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke
- 143.99 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 58 mm x 54.5 mm
- Fuel System
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP Xplor PDS shock absorber
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.