Inventory Unit Detail
2019 Suzuki DR-Z 400SM
2019 DRZ400SM RED BORDER (4)
At Chico Motorsports, we know our products are the best in the business, and we stand behind that, so you can buy with confidence. We offer new and pre-owned ATVs, motorcycles and side by sides from Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha and KTM. Tue - Sat 9 AM - 6 PM, closed Sunday and Monday. We look forward to assisting you with all your Powersports needs now and in the future.
*Price does not include registration fees, taxes, dealer vehicle freight and set up, document preparation charge or any finance charges (if applicable). Sale price uses all dealer/manufacturers rebates/incentives. Sale prices are subject to change if customer chooses special finance promotion. All vehicles are subject to prior sale. We reserve the right to make changes without notice, and are not responsible for errors or omissions. Please verify any information in question with Chico Motorsports 530 345 5247.
Suzuki's SuperMoto DR-Z400SM is based on the proven DR-Z400S. So it combines Supermotard style and features in a narrow, lightweight, street-legal package. This bike brings off-road soul and fun to paved roads. It's not uncommon to take the SuperMoto down a twisty forest road, around tight canyon corners, or through commuter traffic.
Its 398cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine provides strong low-rpm torque and crisp throttle response for any of these occasions. Key differences between the DR-Z400SM and the DR-Z400S are the inverted front fork, wide, spoke-style wheels, and 300mm diameter floating front brake rotor. The inverted fork contributes to less unsprung weight and improved overall handling, while the large brake and wider rims with high-grip tires offer an exhilarating sportbike experience.
- Suzuki's Supermotard model, based on the proven DR-Z400S, combines Supermotard style and features in a narrow, lightweight, street-legal package.
- Versatile and strong, 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine has push-button starting.
- SuperMoto boasts fully adjustable suspension and strong spoke wheels featuring high-grip sportbike tires on wide aluminum rims.
- The white and red DR-Z400SM features bright, gold anodized Excel wheel rims, while the white and blue bike features blue anodized rims that stylishly exude performance.
- New white bodywork with red or blue accent graphics complement the motorcycle's styling.
- Lightweight, 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong, tractable power.
- Simple electric starting is powered via a lightweight starter motor with an automatic mechanical decompression system.
- Compact, four-valve cylinder head has 36mm intake valves, 29mm exhaust valves, narrow 28-degree included valve angle, and shim-under-bucket valve adjustment system.
- SCEM-plated cylinder (nickel-silicon-phosphorus) is lighter and more durable than an iron liner and has excellent heat transfer properties.
- Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling through a crankcase oil jet.
- The left side body cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter.
- A refined Mikuni 36mm carburetor, with new deceleration enricher circuit, is fed by a six-liter airbox to provide smooth throttle response when accelerating or engine braking.
- The addition of a PAIR (air supply) system to the exhaust helps the motorcycle achieve emissions compliance without affecting performance.
- Thermostatically-controlled cooling fan mounted to the left radiator helps maintain consistent operating temperature in traffic.
- Magnesium valve cover, clutch cover, and magneto cover provide additional weight savings.
- Compact, five-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with a separate magnesium outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
- Low-maintenance, long-life, sealed O-ring type drive chain produces minimal sounds when riding.
- Wide, blue or gold anodized RK Excel aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes are fitted with sporty radial tires: 120/70-R17 front and 140/70-R17 rear.
- Strong braking performance is supplied by a front disc brake with a large 300mm floating-type rotor and dual-piston caliper, plus a 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper.
- Long travel, Showa inverted front fork is derived from a RM250 and features adjustable compression/rebound damping and alumite coating on inner tube surfaces for smooth action.
- A fully adjustable rear shock absorber with high/low speed compression damping adjuster and a tapered RM-inspired aluminum swingarm combine for precise rear wheel control.
- Renthal tapered aluminum handlebar has an aggressive look, reduces vibration, and has a great bend for spirited riding.
- Chrome-moly steel frame tuned for Supermotard style riding is torsionally strong with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank.
- Front and rear axle sliders help protect against damage in the case of a tip-over.
- A bolt-on aluminum sub-frame helps reduce weight, simplify maintenance, and contribute to the trim rear fender appearance.
- Compact, digital instrument cluster includes speedometer, odometer, and twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability, clock, and stopwatch functions.
- Electrical systems, including the easy-push button starter, are powered by a compact, 6.5-amp, maintenance-free battery.
- On-road legal lighting includes bright 60/55-watt halogen headlight, compact tail/stoplight, lightweight, rubber-mounted turn signals, and horn.
- 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for DR-Z400SM owners are available, including a low-profile seat, cargo rack, handguard set, and a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- Engine: 398cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 90.0 x 62.6 mm (3.54 x 2.44 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
- Fuel System: Mikuni BSR36, single carburetor
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Semi-dry sump
- Clutch: Wet multi-plate
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, RK520KZ0, 110 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable damping force
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable spring preload and damping force
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, single floating rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 120/70 R17 M/C 58H, tube type
- Tires Rear: 140/70 R17 M/C 66H, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 10.0 L (2.6 US gal.), 9.5 L (2.5 US gal.) CA model
- Color: Solid White No. 2 with Red, or Solid White No. 2 with Blue
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Spark Plug: NGK CR8E or DENSO U24ESR-N
- Headlight: 12V 60/55W (H4)
- Tail light: 12V 21/5W
- Overall Length: 2225 mm (87.6 in.)
- Overall Width: 855 mm (33.7 in.)
- Overall Height: 1200 mm (47.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1460 mm (57.5 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 260 mm (10.2 in.)
- Seat Height: 890 mm (35.0 in.)
- Curb Weight: 146 kg (322 lb.)
- Warranty: 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty.*
- Extensions: *Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.54 x 2.44 in. (90.0 x 62.6 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni BSR36, single carburetor
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, RK520KZ0, 110 links
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable damping force
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable spring preload and damping force
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake, single floating rotor
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R17 M/C 58H, tube type
- Rear Tire
- 140/70 R17 M/C 66H, tube type
- 57.5 in. (1460 mm)
- Seat Height
- 35.0 in. (890 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.6 US gal. (10.0 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 322 lb. (146 kg)
- Solid White No. 2 with Red, Solid White No. 2 with Blue
- 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty.